|Your cart is currently empty|
|View Larger Image||
The Forklift Workshop DVD Training Video
Producer: JJ Keller
Runtime: 35 mins
J. J. Keller’s The Forklift Workshop is a new, innovative approach to educating forklift operators — new and veteran — on proper forklift safety procedures, as required by OSHA’s 29 CFR Section 1910.178(l).
In the workshop format, your operators will watch an engaging DVD video presentation, demonstrating proper forklift techniques in action. Then, you’ll be able to reinforce their learning using hands-on practice tools, exercises and learning activities.
Designed to address the training needs of forklift operators with any level of experience, this easy-to-use training program helps you fulfill the classroom training requirements of OSHA 1910.178(l) and offers guidelines and tools for conducting practical training.
J. J. Keller's The Forklift Workshop training program covers:
- Forklift basics (types, rear steering, turning radius, combined center of gravity and the stability triangle, load center and controls)
- Inspecting your forklift
- Picking up a load
- Traveling with a load
- Placing a load
- Working in a truck, trailer or railcar
- Charging and refueling
- Maintenance and modification
- Specialized units and attachments
- Hazardous locations and forklift types
- Lifting employees
- (1) 35-minute video - Provides an instructional blend of explanation, commentary and demonstration. Presented in a dynamic, contemporary style to keep trainees engaged.Includes additional 40 minutes of extra video segments.
- (1) Trainer’s Guide - Covers the requirements of forklift safety training and helps develop, organize and deliver effective training sessions. Includes an introduction to the topic and OSHA training requirements, recommendations for using components and options, good training principles and ideas, and guidelines for conducting initial and refresher training.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately) - Contains the workshop elements in electronic form so you can download, print out, use as-is, customize with company-specific info, copy into PowerPoint® presentations or whatever your needs dictate. The Workshop includes ...
- Checklists for identifying hazards and incorporating workplace and forklift-specific information into training
- Exercises for the classroom (e.g., problem solving exercises)
- Exercises for the workplace (e.g., learning activities for forklift controls, maneuvers and battery charging)
- Obstacle courses (7 courses that feature a variety of practical challenges)
- Quizzes and answer keys (70 quiz questions)
- (11) Operator’s Handbook - This 36-page reference reinforces training. It follows the information in the DVD video and provides operators with an easy-to-use, post-training resource.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet - (perforated to provide 10 cards) — Distribute to operators to keep as proof of their training.
- (1) Forklift Safety Poster - A full-color, photo-based reminder of forklift safety to hang in a high-traffic area at your company.
- (1) Forklift Operator Evaluation Form - A practical way to assess your forklift operators' skill level.
- (1) Forklift Operator Daily Checklist - Easy-to-use form for operators to document any parts in need of repair.
- (1) Certificate of Training - Classroom - Recognize operators' successful completion of classroom training.
- (1) Certificate of Training - Operational - Recognize operators' successful completion of hands-on training.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program (running time: 35 minutes)
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Forklift Basics - Types of forklifts; rear steering; turning radius; forklift capacity and nameplate information; load center; combined center of gravity and the stability triangle; controls
- Inspecting Your Forklift - Pre-operation inspection; operational inspection
- Picking up a Load - Mounting and dismounting; seatbelt use and tipovers; know your load (weight, dimensions, shape); steps for picking up a load
- Traveling with a Load - Keeping the load/forks low when traveling; visibility; speed limits; floor hazards; driving on ramps and inclines with/without a load; staying safe around the edges of ramps and inclines; railroad tracks; traveling with other forklifts; stunt driving and horseplay; dealing with pedestrians and co-workers
- Placing a Load - Looking for hazards/clearances; steps to placing a load
- Parking a Forklift - Leaving a forklift “attended” and “unattended”
- Working in a Truck, Trailer or Railcar - Inspections; using dock plates; securing the truck or trailer; carbon monoxide and hazardous emissions
- Charging and Refueling - PPE; electric forklifts; LPG; gas and diesel
- Maintenance and Modifications - Regular inspections; routine checks and preventative maintenance; what operators need to know about forklift modifications
- Bonus materials - Total running time: approximately 40 minutes
- Specialized Units and Attachments (running time: 5 minutes)
Introduces safety information on standup rider trucks (counter balanced rider units, narrow aisle units, pallet trucks or platform pallet trucks); high-lift order pickers; powered hand trucks (pallet jacks, hand trucks); and being aware of how attachments affect your forklift.
- Frequently Asked Questions (running time: 8 minutes)
- What's Wrong With This Picture (running time: 6 minutes)
- Quiz (running time: 10 minutes)
- Note To Trainer (running time: 5 minutes)
- Previews (running time: 6 minutes)
- Specialized Units and Attachments (running time: 5 minutes)
Shipping / Returns
Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If, for any reason, you feel that any of our DVD's do not meet your expectations, return the product(s) within 14 days and we will provide you with a full refund (less any shipping charges that may have accrued). Returns of stock items will be accepted within 14 days of shipment in their original packages.
To return an item simply fill out our return authorization form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days of receipt with an RA number and ship to address where you can return your item. Please note that All downloadable materials can not be returned.
Trial: In the event you wish to preview one of our DVD programs onsite without going through an order process, please contact us for further approval at 1-800-975-7640.
All orders typically ship within 24 hrs (Monday thru Friday) via UPS by default. Should you have a request for guaranteed shipment or any other form of expedited shipment please contact our office to ensure proper delivery.
Collect Shipments: If you have your own UPS account number please go to the "View Cart" page. Under the Continue Checkout button should be an area where you can APPLY CODE. In the box please enter the code COLLECTSHIP and hit apply. Continue checkout and once you have reached the UPS screen it should be $0 by default. On the following screen there is an Order comment section. Please let us know your account number and if you wish to expedite shipping.
For more information concerning returns, exchanges or shipping, please visit our Terms and Conditions Page.